Why Choose the University of Mount Olive as an Adult Student?
- Our degree programs cater to students of all types. You’ll find a diverse student population at the University of Mount Olive. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, and many are working adults (over the age of 21) who are either returning to school or attending college for the first time.
- We offer flexible college degree options to fit your schedule. With our unique, accelerated degree program format, working adults can continue their full-time employment and earn their college degree at the same time. Each class is taught one night a week so students can choose whether they take one class or more. Online courses are also available, and course credits from other accredited institutions are easily transferable.
- Our students have the option to take classes at locations around North Carolina. The University of Mount Olive provides convenient locations, making college courses easily accessible for students. Six locations around Eastern North Carolina give students the convenience they need to find a program close to where they live and work.
- You’ll experience an unmatched sense of community. Founded by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, the University of Mount Olive offers an academic experience built around a strong sense of community. It’s one of the things that sets us — and our students — apart from other private colleges and schools in Eastern North Carolina.
- Our small college setting provides you with the attention you deserve. Our professional and caring faculty and staff offer valuable experience in their relative fields of expertise, and our small class sizes provide adult learners with the one-on-one attention they need to succeed academically.
Interested in learning more? By scheduling a visit, you’ll have the opportunity to speak personally with our admissions staff about the many opportunities available to you as an adult student at the University of Mount Olive. The University of Mount Olive is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and baccalaureate degrees.
The University of Mount Olive is a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The University, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Research Triangle Park, Washington, Jacksonville, and in Smithfield at Johnston Community College.