The University of Mount Olive Business Friends Program provides both employees and students of University of Mount Olive with the opportunity to purchase retail products and services from local businesses at a discounted rate.
All you need to do is show your University of Mount Olive ID at participating businesses and the savings are all yours!
Just look for the University of Mount Olive Business Friends Program window decal at participating businesses. (No discounts can be applied to the sale of alcohol.)
Interested in becoming part of the Business Friends Program? Please contact Melinda Holland, Director of the Annual Fund, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-658-7702 for more information.
Below is a list of the businesses that currently participate and the discounts they provide:
- Antoinette's (314 S Breazeale Ave)
- Ashley Nicole Designs (429 NC Hwy 55 E)
- Buddy's Jewelry (903 N Breazeale Ave)
20% off, $5 off watch batteries, $10 off jewelry repair
- Cut-N-Up (704 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-3747
$5 off color, $3 off women cuts, $2 off men cuts
- College Fast Lube (999 Henderson St) - 919-658-5896
- Costume Discounters (www.costumediscounters.com)
15% off entire order when code "A953CD" is entered at checkout on website
- Dr. Jo'Ann Todd & Associates (1122 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-2020
$50 eye exams, $75 off complete pair of glasses
- El Mazatlan (302 NC Highway 55 W) - 919-658-6555
- Ella Brookes Boutique (116A N Breazeale Ave)
10% on Friday
- Especially For You (109 N Center St) - 919-658-4858
1st Monday of every month = College Day: 20% off entire purchase of regularly priced merchandise
- Hwy 55 Burgers Shakes & Fries (1037 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-3668
10% off; excluding specials
- Jarman Tire (957 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-9526
$5 off oil change, $10 off total bill for hourly work
- Jennifer’s Monogramming & More (608 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-6105
20% off in-stock items (excluding consignment)
- Kenny's Paint & Body Repair (205 Henderson St) - 919-658-1717
- KFC/Taco Bell (110 NC Highway 55 W) - 919-658-8331
- Nino’s Italian Restaurant (1130 N Breazeale Ave, #L) - 919-658-1051
- Piggly Wiggly (615 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-9628
10% off meals
- Pizza Village (500 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-4818
special UMO menu
- Ribeyes Steakhouse (211 N Center St) - 919-299-4199
- Roy’s Salon (1010 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-635-9978
$5 off color, $3 off women cuts, $2 off men cuts
- Southern Interiors (124 N Center St) - 919-658-1981
40% off any lamp or jewelry
- Southern Wayne Country Club (262 Country Club Rd) - 919-658-4269
Students only - Discounts for Sat. & Sun. after 2 p.m.
Golf 9 holes w/out cart: $7, Golf 9 holes with cart: $15
Golf 18 holes w/out cart: $10, Golf 18 holes with cart: $20
- Subway (at Handy Mart—1094 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-3822
- Subway (at Walmart - 308 W NC Hwy 55)
- Trio's Pizzeria and Bakery (1023 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-5800
Pepperoni, sausage, or cheese pizza - $1.25 a slice; $6.99 buffet including drink
- Village Decorating Center (105 NW Center St) - 919-658-6541
10% off custom framing
- Yummy Orient (1104 N Breazeale Ave) - 919-658-5175
5% off for students only
Additional Service Options
- BB&T @Work – 919-736-6027
BB&T@Work is a complete banking package that includes BB&T checking and savings accounts, along with exclusive discounts on loans, lines of credit, travel, entertainment and more. Plus, you’ll receive dedicated service from our Relationship Bankers to ensure you have the right combination of benefits to meet your specific needs.
Click here to find more information and to open online accounts!
- Bank of America – 919-736-5229
MyAccess Checking under Age 23
No Service fee for students, faculty and staff of UMO
Online banking, mobile banking, direct deposit, ATM Deposit & Credit same day until 8:00 p.m.
Text banking and online statements
- NC Community Federal Credit Union (710 N Church St) - 919-658-8806North Carolina Community Federal Credit Union (NCCFCU) believes prospering in today's economic environment requires one be well versed through education in order to make sound financial decisions.NCCFCU proudly offers FREE educational tutorials for students, faculty and staff on Understanding Your Credit Score, Budgeting and Auto Smart Buying and Borrowing. Attending educational tutorials may qualify UMO students, faculty and staff for our no annual fee, low-rate credit cards, including a Starter Credit Card for those who are looking to establish credit. UMO students, faculty and staff can enjoy the benefits of joining NCCFCU's 24/7 Online Banking and Billpay, Checking, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, easy access to branches and ATMs, great rates on auto loans, mortgage loans and much more! Contact John Bell, IV at 919-344-6324 today for more information on joining Your Community Credit Union!
- FastPark & Relax
$6.36 daily rate - Enroll here and use promo code 0935207
FastPark is a convenient, safe, quick, cost-effective way for travelers to park at RDU International Airport.
- Sam’s Club – 919-778-9775
A collegiate membership – The value begins instantly with a $15 Sam’s Club Gift Card for UMO Students and a $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card for University of Mount Olive faculty/staff/employees. You must have a valid student ID and college (.edu) e-mail address at the time of sign up to qualify for collegiate membership. This offer is limited to current non-members and renewals. You must be the age of 18 to purchase a membership, and membership is subject to qualifications. This offer is valid NOT valid online. Gift card will be provided at the time membership card is issued. This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Only one gift card per primary member. Gift card may not be used to pay for membership fee. Membership cards are non-transferable and are valid at all Sam’s Club locations worldwide. Walmart* and Sam’s Club associates are not eligible for this offer.
“The University of Mount Olive Business Friends Program is an economical way to show El Mazatlan’s support for the College. It’s not easy for all small business owners to give back due to tight budgets, so becoming involved with the Business Friends Program has been rewarding. It helps maintain a good relationship with the College, promotes good will in the community, enhances customer loyalty, and yes, even increases sales.”
Alfredo Hilano, Manager
El Mazatlan in Mount Olive, NC
The University of Mount Olive thrives because of the support of numerous individuals. We are a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The University, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Goldsboro, Research Triangle Park, Washington and Jacksonville.