NEW BERN – University of Mount Olive in New Bern is hosting a free lecture series on the Bible entitled, “Allowing the Scripture to Come to Life.” The event will consist of a six part lecture held each Friday night from August 2 through September 5, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the College’s New Bern location at 2912 Trent Road in New Bern. The lectures will cover:
- The Torah or the Law (Genesis – Deuteronomy): led by the Reverend Josh Whitfield
- The Hebrew Prophets: Led by the Reverend Neal Cox
- The Hebrew Writings or Wisdom Literature: Led by Dr. Steve Simpson
- The Gospels and Acts: Led by Dr. Otis Hamm
- Paul and the Epistles: Led by the Reverend Gerald Baldwin
- The Book of the Revelation: Led by the Reverend Neal Cox
“University of Mount Olive strives to add value in the communities we serve,” said Neal Cox, faculty member in the Religion Department. “Therefore, we would like to offer this resource for pastors, deacons, Sunday school teachers, and all laity who would like to increase their knowledge about Scripture in order to better serve their community of faith and meet the rigorous demands of ministry and life.”
The public is invited to attend. Registration for the event is FREE and refreshments will be served. However, as space is limited, please RSVP to Angela Okell-Watson firstname.lastname@example.org , Twana Scott email@example.com , or Neal Cox firstname.lastname@example.org , or call (252) 633-4464 for more information.
University of Mount Olive is a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The College, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Goldsboro, Research Triangle Park, Washington and Jacksonville. For more information, visit www.moc.edu.