Rev. W.H. Laughinghouse founded this church in 1902. The church pictured was built in 1915-16 at the Corner of Eleventh and Forbes Streets.
In 1964, the name was changed from Greenville Free Will Baptist Church to the First Free Will Baptist Church of Greenville.
A new church building was built on South Charles Boulevard and dedicated on May 19, 1974.