North Carolina Community College Transfers
Comprehensive Articulation Agreement: Students who graduate under the 2014 CAA program from an accredited community college in North Carolina with an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science (not an applied science) degree may transfer to the University of Mount Olive with junior status, all foundation requirements (General Education Core) satisfied, and 60-61 semester hours awarded. Note: Students who graduated during or after the fall of 1997 (1997 CAA program) from an accredited community college in North Carolina with an Asssociate in Arts or an Associate in Science(not an applied science) degree may transfer to the University of Mount Olive with junior status, all foundation requirements (General Education Core) satisfied, and 64 semester hours awarded. For more information on the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement, please click on the following link: CAA.
If an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree has not been conferred, then all transfer work with be evaluated on an individual basis. College level work must be completed with a 'C' or better grade from a regionally accredited institution to be considered for transfer credit. The Applicant must be eligible to return to each institution attended. You can search the following link to determine which course credits from the North Carolina Community Colleges will transfer for credit to the University of Mount Olive: NCCC & UMO Course Equivalency List.
The following University of Mount Olive Schools prescribe how a student may transfer from the North Caroline Community College (NCCC) system to the University of Mount Olive (UMO) in order to complete a four year degree.
School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) - CAA UGETC Articulation Agreement
Requirements to complete a four year degree in Arts and Science
Agriculture Education - Concentration A
Agriculture Education - Concentration B
Criminal Justice & Criminology
Math - Bachelor of Arts
Math - Bachelor of Science
Psychology - Bachelor of Arts
Psychology - Bachelor of Science
Tillman School of Business (TSB) - CAA UGETC Articulation Agreement
The University of Mount Olive offers special articulation agreements with the following community colleges in North Carolina. These agreements help provide a seamless transfer of courses from one of the below community colleges to the University of Mount Olive.
Craven Community College
Fayetteville Technical Community College
Johnston Community College
Martin Community College
Pitt Community College
Sampson Community College
Wake Technical Community College
Wayne Community College
Wilson Community College
Transferring to Daytime Program
Are you a transfer student and want to take daytime, seated classes? Please click the button below:
Traditional Transfer Student Requirements
- Recommended 2.0 transfer grade point average (GPA).
- Be in good academic standing and be eligible to return to the last institution attended.
- Transfer hours must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submission of official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
- Submission of the Dean's Evaluation Form from the last institution attended.
- Submission of official high school transcript or equivalent. A high school transcript is not required if the applicant has at least 24 semester hours of transferable college credit from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting body for higher education at the time that the coursework was completed.
- Submission of official SAT or ACT scores. Standardized test scores are not required if the applicant is at least 21 years of age or if the applicant has 27 semester hours of transferable college credit. Scores included on an official high school transcript will be considered official.
Transferring to Evening Program
Are you a transfer student and want to take evening classes at one of our locations including Mount Olive, Jacksonville, New Bern, Research Triangle Park, Smithfield, Washington and Wilmington? Please click the button below:
The University of Mount Olive works with transfer students on an individual basis. If you are an adult student planning to take evening classes and have questions, please call 1-844-UMO-GOAL. If you are planning to attend daytime classes, please call 1-800-653-0854.
The University of Mount Olive is a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The University, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Goldsboro, Research Triangle Park, Washington and Jacksonville.